DUANE S. KARANT
1428G Bridford Parkway
Greensboro, NC 27407
Possess excellent leadership, communication and team-building abilities gained through my experience in management, human resources and customer service. With strong problem-solving and listening skills, I excel at handling personnel and client issues with tact, confidentiality and appropriate action. I am a highly accomplished professional who is a quick study and a dedicated employee. My capacity for success in team-based environments is augmented by my energy, drive and attention to detail.
SEARS HOLDINGS, High Point, NC 2010
Manage a team of associates in the Tech Support/Protection Agreements Call Center. Coach and develop direct reports. Monitor calls to ensure quality and follow up with feedback. Assist associates with escalated issues. Assist customers with Protection Agreement inquiries and sales. Assist associates in other lines of business (sales, retention, customer relations). Complete daily and monthly reporting. Participate in Employee Engagement and Employee Recognition Teams.
AON CONSULTING, Winston-Salem, NC 2008 – 2010
Call Center Team Leader
· Oversaw and led team of associates in the Employee Benefits Outsourcing Call Center. Assisted participants with Health & Welfare, COBRA and FSA related concerns. Ensured Service Level Agreements were met by monitoring levels throughout the day and adjusting work force as needed. Interviewed, hired and trained staff members.
· Work Force Management included scheduling customer service representatives (CSRs) for shifts, trainings and skills to cover specific client calls.
· Assisted associates with escalated calls. Compiled, wrote and administered performance appraisals. Acted as liaison between Call Center and client facing operation teams. Completed daily, weekly and monthly reports.
· Performed trend analysis by studying reports to determine how to reduce call volume and improve overall customer satisfaction.
FIRST PLACE, Winston-Salem, NC 2008
As technical support agent for Wachovia Connection, answered incoming calls to assist customers in processing wires, transfers, reports, payroll, Automated Clearing House transactions and troubleshooting issues. Received near perfect survey scores of 99.5%. Was two-time recipient of Shared Success Award given for exceptional customer service.
AMERICAN EXPRESS, TRS, Fort Lauderdale, FL/Greensboro, NC 1987 – 2007
Business Systems Analyst/Quality Assurance (Greensboro, 2004-2007)
Performed end user acceptance testing for over 30 projects. Managed multiple projects concurrently. Formulated test plans, and wrote and compiled test plans to be met for quality assurance. Identified data requirements for testing conditions. Validated all test conditions and table changes. Utilized Mercury Quality Center.
Team Leader/Supervisor of Customer Service (Fort Lauderdale, 1998-2004)
· Managed teams of associates in the Customer Service Dispute Department. Facilitated change management. Managed case inventory.
· Staffing responsibilities included interviewing and hiring CSRs; compiling and administering associates’ performance appraisals; and payroll reporting.
· Worked closely with my staff and coached them in professional development and performance improvement. With random quality sampling of my direct reports’ performance, ensured that quality expectations were being met. Headed several Employee Satisfaction Action Teams. Six Sigma Green Belt trained.
Situational Leadership; Call Center Leadership; Work Force Management; Change Management; Coaching and Developing; Conflict and Dispute Resolution; Inventory Management; Quality Assurance; Six Sigma Green Belt Trained.
Also facilitated meetings; led Diversity Workshops; identified Project Data; formulated Test Plans; wrote Test Conditions; and validated Project Output.
Diversity Leader Certification
Guilford Technical Community College
Human Resources Management
Broward County Community College
Management in General Marketing
State University of New York at Oneonta
Bachelor of Arts – Liberal Arts
· Two-time recipient of Shared Success Award (First Place)
· Three-time Leader of the Month (American Express)
· Three-time Quality Employee of the Month (American Express)
Gold Award Recipient for Revenue Enhancer Projects (Am